If you’re looking to expand your involvement with brands, consider some of the following ways you can benefit them.
- Sponsored content: this could be a blog campaign, or a campaign on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Brand consulting: advising brands about creating specific promotions
- Spokesperson opportunities: representing a brand as an attendee at a conference, a local or regional event, or a social media meet-up
- Event planning and hosting: help a brand create a live event that supports the brand’s underlying purpose or creates brand awareness
- Public speaking engagements: this could be a keynote or panel presentation sponsored by a brand in you present your own content
- Brand ambassadorships: an ongoing relationship ranging from casual to formal in which you are contracted to share her love for your brand
- Writing assignments: this could be anything, ranging from original blog posts for the brand, content for your site or blog, tweets, how-to or DIY articles or recipes…the list goes on
Remember, anytime you’re engaged to work on any of those types of projects, you should expect to be working for hire at fair rates.
Five Steps to Take Before Pitching a Brand
Just beginning to think about working with brands? Here are some resources to help you put your best foot forward when you reach out: