By: Jackie Jordan, Director of Color Marketing for Sherwin-Williams; Photo by: Brooke Dennis for Alt Summit
Summer is the perfect time to find color inspiration. With everything in nature in full bloom and illuminated by the sun, colors come to life. Sherwin-Williams Colors of the Month reflect the colors we find ourselves surrounded by in summer, from trees, to the things we eat to the spaces around us. Get outside. Go to the beach. Have a picnic. Relax in a hammock. Let your colorful surroundings spark your creativity.
When life gives you lemons, it also gives you color inspiration. Decisive Yellow is a staple summer color. Think of bright daisies, beach blankets and boats. It’s a joyful, enthusiastic and happy color that captures the warmth of the sun. And no summer day is complete without a tall, refreshing glass of lemonade. This color gives spaces energy and is great for accent walls, trim and even doors.
July: Frank Blue (SW 6967)
The month of July is all about red, white and Frank Blue. Whether you are dreaming of the coast, or knee-deep in patriotic decorations, deep blue hues add sophistication to any space. Frank Blue is the perfect shade for a boy’s bedroom or playroom. It’s also an easy way to turn a boring, unused room into a classy, nautical-themed home office. Channel the excitement of Independence Day by freeing your home from plain color palettes.
August: Watery (SW 6478)
On a sweltering August day, nothing feels better than taking a dip in the pool or running through the sprinkler. As the summer heat turns up, cool down your spaces by giving your walls a splash of Watery. Create a crisp and refreshing atmosphere in any room. To transform your bathroom into a relaxing oasis, Watery works particularly well and evokes sensations of rivers, lakes and oceans.
Alt Chat Wednesday: Color
Love color as much as we do? Join the Alt community this Wednesday morning, June 17 2015, at 9AM PDT/12 PM EDT for an hour-long chat about color, sponsored by Sherwin-Williams. Sherwin-Williams will be giving two lucky participants a $100 gift card. Simply follow along by searching for the #AltChat hashtag on your favorite Twitter client. Participate by answering questions posed by @AltSummit and including both the #AltChat and #SWColor hashtags.
Want a chance to win one of two $100 Sherwin-Williams gift cards? Here are the details:
- Join the #AltChat on June 17 from 9 - 10 a.m. PDT, if you can.
- Every tweet using the hashtags #AltChat and #SWColorLove will be entered to win one of two $100 gift cards from Sherwin-Williams. You can tweet once or tweet 17 times, each is another chance to win.
- Tweet all day! All tweets from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PDT related to and using the hashtags #AltChat #SWColorLove will be entered to win. You must use both hashtags.
- Two winners will be randomly selected and announced on Twitter Wednesday night before midnight PDT. The winners will also be listed here.
- Never participated in a Twitter Chat before? Visit this previous post for a few pointers on how to join a Twitter Chat.
Jackie Jordan is Director of Color Marketing for Sherwin-Williams. For more information, visit sherwin-williams.com.
This post was sponsored by Sherwin-Williams.