Having an engaging about page is certainly important to a blog and, of course, your social media bios need to be just as stimulating. Yet, crafting that perfect bio in such a small space can be daunting and downright frustrating to some.
Here are six things that we think you need to include:
- Your name: If your social media handle is your blog name, then include your name or vice versa.
- Your face: More important than your branding, people want to see who you are! So get a head shot taken and put your best face forward.
- What you can offer: Do you sell something or specialize in something like DIY, home decor, fashion advice, or parenting?
- Tag line: This is the perfect place for a well crafted tag line.
- Location: People like to know the general area you are located in so they know what to expect and can relate to you geographically.
- Call to action: Focus on one element and get people there whether it is directly to your blog, to a newsletter sign up page, or over to your favorite social media hangout. Use that link space to your best advantage.
Of course, always be consistent with your branding and do what feels right to you. But don't be afraid to list things out or get right to the point. Social media is so fast paced that many consumers just want to see the essential information easily.