The right partnerships start with you. Knowing your strengths and core competencies and then partnering with others who compliment those strengths and competencies.
Often we fail to see what we’re especially good at and the value we bring to partnerships. How do we discover our strengths? Our unique value proposition for a prospective partner? Our friends, our sisters, our daughters, our partners, etc. — the people you want to have by your side at Alt. So this week for an additional chance to win a ticket to Alt Summer 2015 introduce a friend to Alt Chat!
Join the Alt community on Twitter Wednesday morning (tomorrow) at 9 AM PST/12 PM EST for an hour-long chat about partnerships. We will be talking about how you identify your strengths, showcase your strengths for potential partners, and more.
New to Twitter chats? You can find all the details on how to participate in a live Twitter chat here.
Four Steps to Set Yourself Up for the Perfect Partnership
Can’t make tomorrow’s Alt Chat? Here are four steps you should take to set yourself up for the perfect partnership.
- Avoid the Four Common Mistakes Bloggers Make.
- Realize You Can’t Do It All.
- Identify Where Your Customers Hang Out Online.
- Make Yourself Irresistible to Brands.
Introduce a Friend to #AltChat Instagram and Twitter Challenge
In anticipation of Alt Summer 2015, we’re asking our community Who Will You Share Alt With?
Prizes: One first prize winner each week receives two tickets to Alt Summer, June 9-12, 2015 in Salt Lake City. One to keep and one for their tagged friend. Tickets are valid for Alt Summer 2015 and are transferrable. Once registered, standard transfer fees apply. Five second prize US-based winners will receive a goodie box filled with surprises from our archives and another box for their tagged friend (ten boxes total)! We love our sponsors and our maker community and can’t wait to share gifts from past events with you.
Winners will be announced on Instagram as well as on the Contests page of our website. To be entered to win a prize, you need to follow @AltSummit on Twitter and participate in this week’s #AltChat Twitter chat, either live from 9AM PST/12PM EST to 10AM PST/1PM EST or at your convenience throughout the day until 5PM PST/8PM EST.
Good luck! We hope you win.
How to enter this week’s contest
- On the weekly #AltChat quote posted on Instagram, tag a friend you want to introduce to our weekly AltChat on Twitter.
- Tell your friend about the contest and #AltChat between 9AM PST / 12 PM EST and 5PM PST / 8PM EST.
- Follow @AltSummit on Twitter by Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 at 5PM PST and send at least one tweet that includes both the #AltChat and #AltWithaFriend hashtags. Every tweet that includes both hashtags will be an additional entry to win tickets or goodie boxes.
- To increase your chances of winning, encourage your friend to follow @AltSummit on Twitter and participate in #AltChat.
Update: The contest has ended. First prize winners are Camille Whiting @fridaywereinlove and Deidre Miller @deidre.emme. Second prize winners are Bobbie @blogger_bp and Kelly L. Popejoy @popejoys; Michelle @MissNakaji and Andrea @andreanyrs; Cali Godley @caligodley and Amanda Isidro @amanda_isidro; Aimee @aimeeroo and Kristina Sloggett @spabettie; Christy Oshoney @christyoshoney and Alexandra @theshellhammer.
The fine print.
- Second prize winners must be US-based; goodie boxes will not be shipped internationally.
- Winners will be randomly chosen from the tweets tagged with #AltChat and #AltWithaFriend hashtags during the contest period.
- This contest opens Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 at 9AM PST and closes Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 at 5PM PST.
- Winners will be notified via Instagram.
- For the first prize tweet, the winner will receive two tickets and will specify whom they want the second ticket to go to.
- For the five second prize winners, the winners, if US-based, will receive two goodie boxes and will specify whom they want the second goodie box to go to.
- For all prizes, the winners will have 48 hours to contact Alt Summit via email claim their prize and identify a friend for the second prize. If, after 48 hours, Alt Summit hasn’t been contacted, the prizes will be forfeited.