Suffering from the post-Alt Summit blues? Ease yourself back into your day-to-day realities with an online Twitter chat. Never participated in a Twitter chat before? No worries! Today's chat is all about taking risks, stepping outside your comfort zone, and trying something new.
Join the Alt community Wednesday morning (today) at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET for an hour-long chat about risk taking. Simply follow along by searching for the #AltChat hashtag on your favorite Twitter client. Participate by answering questions posed by @AltSummit and including the #AltChat hashtag.
How to Participate in a Twitter Chat
- Follow the host of the Twitter chat: @AltSummit.
- Let your Twitter followers know you will be participating in a Twitter chat and your Twitter feed may be a little more active than usual. For example, Friendly PSA: My feed will be active for the next hour as I participate in #AltChat We are talking about risk taking today.
- Open your favorite Twitter client, such as Hootsuite, (or Twitter in two browser windows). The first stream or window will be a search stream for #AltChat (be sure to select All and not Top). The second stream or window will be your Twitter notifications (the little bell if you're opening Twitter)--these are direct responses to what you are tweeting.
- Retweet the host's question before answering to give your followers context.
- Begin your 140 character answer with A1, A2, and so on.
- Be sure to include the #AltChat hashtag for the chat in your answers and replies. (If you want to be famous and have your tweet appear on the home page of the Altitude Summit website, include the #AltSummit hashtag as well.)
- Favorite any tweets you especially like or people you would like to get to know.
- Retweet any tweets that speak to you and that you think the people who follow you on Twitter would be interested in reading.
- Follow or add the people you engaged with to a Twitter list.