Being able to do what you love is an incredible gift--a gift we enjoy because of our community. Yet as creative entrepreneurs, we can easily become so consumed by schedules and to do lists that we overlook our community.
We can be so focused on the next milestone or goal we want to achieve that we forget to enjoy the journey and neglect our community. And our continued success depends on the health of that community. Only by nurturing our community, encouraging connection and celebrating the successes of others--small and large--do more opportunities appear both for others in our community and for us.
Join us on Twitter Wednesday, November 26, 2014 9AM PT/12PM ET to chat about building thriving communities and showing appreciation for your community.
Never participated in a Twitter chat before? Here are some tips to get you started:
- Follow the host of the Twitter chat: @AltSummit.
- Let your Twitter followers know you will be participating in a Twitter chat and your Twitter feed may be a little more active than usual. For example, Friendly PSA: My feed will be active for the next hour as I participate in #AltChat We are talking about appreciation and community today.
- Avoid clicking through any links that look suspicious.
- Be sure to include the hashtag for your chat #AltChat in your answers. This lets others see what you are saying.
- Use a Twitter Chat application such as TweetChat to pause the conversation if it gets moving too quickly.