By: Eden Hensley; Photo for Alt Summit
In less than two months a new year will be dawning. In just over three months, creatives will be gathering in Salt Lake City for our sixth annual Alt Summit Winter conference. Both events make now the perfect time to think about goals.
Join us Wednesday, November 19th 9AM PT/12PM ET on Twitter for #AltChat when we discuss how to set S.M.A.R.T goals for yourself for the expert you are, how to hold yourself accountable, and more.
Twitter Chat Etiquette
A few quick reminders about etiquette for Twitter Chats:
- Follow the host of the Twitter chat: @AltSummit.
- Let your Twitter followers know you will be participating in a Twitter chat and your Twitter feed may be a little more active than usual. For example, Friendly PSA: My feed will be active for the next hour as I participate in #AltChat We are talking about risk taking today.
- Avoid clicking through any links that look suspicious.
- Be sure to include the hashtag for your chat #AltChat in your answers. This lets others see what you are saying.
- Favorite any tweets you especially like or people you would like to get to know.
- Retweet any tweets that speak to you and that you think the people who follow you on Twitter would be interested in reading.
Additional tips on participating in a Twitter Chat, can be found here.
Goal Setting Resources
Unable to join us live for Alt Chat? Here are some resources to help you get started planning for 2015 and for Alt Summit Winter 2015.
- Eight Questions to Gauge the Health and Success of Your Business
- Seven Questions to Jump-start Your Goals
- Creating S.M.A.R.T. Goals (Word Template from Stanford University for planning your goals)
- Three Goals for Attending a Blogging Conference