It's pitch time! Before you dive in, here's what you need to know:
First, there are six different categories open for submissions.
1. Art Project - Think murals, room installations, interactive exhibits and photo walls.
2. Presentations - This includes panels, classes, stand alone talks, and roundtables.
3. Workshops - Hands-on classes on a wide variety of practical topics covering everything related to content creation, arts and crafts, and business skills.
4. Runway - Bring your independent or established fashion line to Alt Oasis. We'll provide the runway, and if you like, influencer attendees can sign up to be your models.
5. Film Screenings - Screen your film project -- features, documentaries, shorts -- to the Alt Summit audience, and bring your team for a panel discussion following the screening.
6. Performances - Calling musicians, performance artists, comedians -- show off your work at our week long conference.
Second you'll have two weeks to pitch. Submissions will be accepted from September 1-14, 2018 11:59 pm PT.
Third, new this year, there is going to be a voting round. From September 17-24, the public can view and vote on the submissions. Does the voting make you feel shy? Don’t let it worry you. The vote totals won’t be public. So if you have the most votes, or the least votes, or somewhere in between, no one will know. Votes will count for 50% of the decision process.
Fourth, when you’re pitching your presentation, we encourage you to upload visuals: inspiration photos, existing videos, or even grab your phone and make a quick selfie-video letting us know why your presentation will be awesome. The presentation pitch will have it’s own page and unique url, which the public will be able to view. So compelling visuals could really help your pitch stand out and get attention!
Those who are chosen to become presenters at Alt Oasis will receive complimentary full registration (hotel, airfare and travel expenses are not covered). If you're registered for the 2019 conference already, and then get invited to speak, the purchase price will be promptly reimbursed.
Sound good? Submit your ideas here. UPDATE: Call for Speakers is now closed.