The news is filled with stories of entrepreneurs who turned their passions into businesses. From the outside, the journey may look smooth. But the journey we see is only part of the story.
Following your dreams takes effort. The passion we feel when we start the journey can wane, as our business doesn’t grow as quickly as we’d hoped. Doubt can creep in when we hear No again and again. Or, our business grows and we move away from what we love to manage our business. We’ve accidentally delegated what we loved.
Six Steps to Keep Your Passion Fresh
While pursuing our dreams, it’s important that we regularly check in with ourselves. These six steps will help you keep your passion fresh.
- Put Big Ideas into Motion
- Realize You Can’t Do it All
- Discover Your Routine
- Find Your Voice
- Be Authentic
- Share Your Dream—Why You Started Your Business
Join the Alt community and our co-host Tiny Prints on Twitter Wednesday morning (tomorrow) March 18th at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET for an hour-long chat about how to keep your passion alive. We will be talking about how to get started pursing your passion, how to keep going, and more.
Never participated in a Twitter Chat before? Visit this previous post for a few pointers on how to join a Twitter Chat.
Want to win a $150 Tiny Prints gift card?
Here are the details:
- Join the #AltChat tomorrow Wednesday March 18th from 9 - 10AM PT / 12 – 1PM ET, if you can.
- Every tweet using the hashtags #AltChat and #TinyPrints will be entered to win one $150 gift card from Tiny Prints. You can tweet once or tweet 17 times, each is another chance to win.
- Tweet all day! All tweets related to the conversation and using the hashtags #AltChat #TinyPrints will be entered to win from 9 AM - 5 PM PDT. You must use both hashtags.
One winner will be randomly selected and announced on Twitter. The winner will also be listed here and on our Contests page.
UPDATE: Contest is closed and Jennifer Elizabeth @TheGlossyQueen is the winner.