By: Eden Hensley
There is a crispness to the air, and with days ever shorter as we head towards Winter, now is the perfect time to wrap up in an, on trend, cozy, scarf. And the fashionABLE + Alt scarves, available only for another 13 days, are the perfect accessory.
Thanks to you, right now in Ethiopia, at-risk women are making these scarves. And, we would like to extend a sincere thank you to everyone who has funded the fashionABLE + Alt Kickstarter campaign so far, 205 backers and counting. Because of you, we are at 140% of our goal with 13 days to go.
But we are not satisfied; we want to create more jobs and hope you want do that too! The journey so far...
- July 15th: fashionABLE and Alt team up to host our second scarf design contest.
- August 18th - 20th: Fans voted on their favorite scarf design.
- September 23rd: We announced the winning scarf designs and launched the fashionABLE + Alt Kickstarter campaign.
- October 3rd: We exceeded our initial goal and began making the scarves.
- October 22nd at 12:11PM PDT: The fashionABLE + Alt Kickstarter campaign ends.
- November 2014: Scarves and other incentives begin going out to backers.
More products sold means more jobs. So we have added a new "stretch" goal of $35,000. The higher the goal, the greater the opportunities for at-risk women in Ethiopia, who want to learn real skills and work in a real trade.
Along with this new goal are new incentives (including fashionABLE leather wallets, clutches, and a trip to Alt Summit Winter). If you have already pledged, you can go back and increase your original pledge to include more rewards.
As an additional bonus, help us spread the word and be entered to win a free scarf. (Three winners will be chosen; one receives the Zeritu scarf designed by Hannah Coulson, the other receives the Tigist scarf designed by Drew Pistilli, and the last receives the re-released Genet scarf designed by Janette Crawford of Fashion Loves People. Winners will be chosen after the Kickstarter closes on October 22nd. Contest details are on the fashionABLE Share page.)
We are so incredibly proud of our community and your reaction to the fashionABLE + Alt Kickstarter campaign.
Announced during the January 2013 Alt Summit, Alter Your World is a project where we contribute to make the world a better place and recognize whether our actions whether big or small do good.