Producing original content day after day can be a challenge. You want to be "buzz worthy" to get your content shared by others. You want to be relevant to capture current search traffic. But as you test post titles in SEO Keyword tools and consume online content, it is hard not to be influenced. It is hard to remain original.
How do you keep your content fresh? How do you avoid being influenced by others and by what is going on around you?
Join the Alt community tomorrow October 8, 2014 at 9AM PT/12PM ET on Twitter as we discuss strategies for incorporating trends while remaining true to your vision.
If you are new to Twitter chats, here are a few basics to get you started:
- Open your favorite Twitter Chat application, such as TweetChat, your favorite Twitter client, such as Hootsuite, or Twitter in two browser windows. If you are using Hootsuite or Twitter, you will want the first stream or window to be a search stream for #AltChat (select All and not Top to see the entire discussion). Your second stream or window will be your Twitter notifications (the little bell if you are opening Twitter)--the direct responses to what you are tweeting.
- Follow the host of the chat on Twitter (@AltSummit) to see the questions people are answering.
- Give your followers a heads up that you will be participating in a live Twitter chat and that your feed may be more active than normal. For example, Friendly PSA: My feed will be more active than normal while I participate in #AltChat for the next hour. Topic: Keeping Your Voice Unique.
- Before answering a question, retweet the question to give your followers context for your answer.
- To make it easy for participants to follow along, include A1, A2, and so on at the beginning of your 140 answer so they know which question you are answering. This is especially helpful as people join in at different times and are answering different questions.
- Include the #AltChat hashtag in your answers and replies to participants so that everyone can see your conversation. If you are using TweetChat, #AltChat is automatically added to your responses.
Have an idea for a future Alt Chat? Let us know!