If you have been part of the Alt community for a while then you have heard us rave about the benefits of finding your tribe. If Monday's post was the first time you have heard of a Mastermind group, that is okay! Today's post is here to help you decide what each group has to offer and what is the best fit for your blog or business!
A Tribe is a close group of friends who do the same type of work that you do. Perhaps you found them during a conference, maybe you got to know them by interacting with them on social media, maybe it is something that was organized by a mutual friend. Whoever they are their friendship is valued.
Five benefits of a Tribe:
- Encourage, comment, and share posts.
- Brainstorm project ideas when you get stuck.
- Comfort when a troll gets under the skin.
- Give advice when asked.
- Empathize when things don't go as planned.
A Mastermind is a specific group of business minded people or mentors. They are often paid to join, or invite only groups.
Five benefits of a Mastermind group:
- Committed members participate and invest in helping each other succeed.
- Goal oriented and accountability.
- Honest and sometimes challenging feedback is expected.
- Confidential and safe - ideas will not be stollen or embarrassments shared with others outside the group.
- Meet on a regular and planned schedule.
So there you have it, the benefits of both groups! And that is not to say that you have to pick involvement in one over the other. Chances are that if you invest in a mastermind, you already have some sort of established tribe. Both will encourage collaboration and accountability, and growth of your brand!